INTEGRATED FOOD SECURITY PROJECT FUNDED BY CAFOD
The Project Continuity awaits End of Project Evaluation whose process is underway.
Integrated Food Security Project
- Integrated Food Security Project is a three (3) year project being implemented by Caritas Gulu Archdiocese (CGA) in Kitgum and Lamwo Districts in Northern Uganda with funding from Catholic Agency For Oversea Development (CAFOD) spanning from 2014-2016.
- The Integrated Food Security Project is in its second year of implementation in Orom Sub County in Kitgum District and but it is in its first yer in Palabek Gem Sub County in Lamwo District. The project phased out from Lira Palwo Sub County in Agago district.
The IFSP is active in four parishes of the two Sub Counties:
- Akurumor Parish (Orom Sub County) Under Namokora Catholic Parish in Kitgum District;
- Lolwa Parish (Orom Sub County) Under Namokora Catholic Parish in Kitgum District
- Patanga Parish (Palabek Gem Sub County) Under Palabek Kal Catholic Parish in Lamwo District.
- Gem Parish (Palabek Gem Sub County) Under Palabek Kal Catholic Parish in Lamwo District.
- IFSP has 26 farmer groups (with at least 20 members per group). The registered 420 beneficiaries in Orom Sub County and 350 beneficiaries in Palabek Gem Sub County (770 households) in total.
- The project targets the Widows (ers), youth, People Living with HIV/AIDS (PLWA), Persons with Disabilities (PWD), people living with chronic illnesses, orphans, elder persons, Child-Headed Families and Female-Headed Households.
What is the impact that the full project shall contribute to?
Communities in Acholi sub-region have sustainable livelihoods.
The expected outcomes of the project are;
The project has three main outcomes as given below
OUTCOME 1: To increase target household’s food production and income
OUTCOME 2: To increase the resilience and adaptability of the target community towards the impacts of climate change and disasters
OUTCOME 3: To increase access to safe clean water for target households and improve sanitation and hygiene in target community
Below are expected outputs of the project
OUTPUT 1: Target households have increased food production
OUTPUT 2: Target households have increased income
OUTPUT 3: Disaster-prone communities have increased awareness and resilience to effects of climate change and disasters
OUTPUT 4: Target communities have increased access to safe clean water.
OUTPUT 5: Target Communities have improved hygiene and sanitation